IMPORTANT NOTICE:Coronavirus is on everyone's mind with the effects felt around the world.
We are all concerned about the health and safety of our family, friends, and colleagues. Please know that Chickahominy Family Physicians is taking all necessary measures to safeguard our patients, staff and the community we live in, including following all recommended best practices and safety precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. Rest assured, our team has been in contact with state and local health departments and CDC for guidance and regulations to protect all involved. People should adhere to home isolation, other than essential business until the risk of secondary transmission is assessed as being low. At this time, minimal COVID-19 testing is being done, and mostly at emergency rooms for patients who are critically ill and being admitted. By working together, and in a calm manner, we can get through these tough times and Chickahominy Family Physicians is here to support that and keep all involved safe!
A primary care practice providing families in New Kent, Henrico, and Charles City with prompt, professional health care services.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:COVID-19 Operating Procedures
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak in our state, we are working hard to keep our patients informed and safe. At our New Kent locations, we are implementing the following measures in order to provide the best care:
- We will not accept walk-in patients. You MUST call the scheduler, and if necessary a triage nurse may need to speak with you prior to scheduling an appointment.
- The Quinton office will accept WELL VISITS AND NON-RESPIRATORY ACUTE VISITS ONLY. Well visits include: medication refills, follow-up appointments, annual physicals, and vaccinations, among others. Non-respiratory acute visits include: abdominal pain, back pain, ankle sprains, pink eye, rashes, etc. Additionally, we will have a triage nurse screening patients at the front door to ensure patients are not also experiencing respiratory symptoms or fever.
- The Providence Forge office will accept RESPIRATORY ACUTE VISITS ONLY. These visits include symptoms such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, sore throat, and body aches.
- Providers and support staff will be assigned to one office only throughout this time to ensure we maintain a respiratory illness-free environment at our Quinton office.
- If you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath, AND you have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have traveled internationally in the past 14 days, please contact your local health department, or call the office so we can help connect you with the appropriate resources.
- We are working with patients 75+ to reschedule any well or routine visits at a later time in efforts to decrease community exposure.
- For our New Market patients: the scheduler will screen all appointments and direct your care as indicated. As normal, they will not be receiving walk-ins.
We ask that you refer to the following resources for up-to-date and accurate information regarding the recent COVID-19 outbreak:
Request an Appointment.
Scheduling your next appointment is quick and easy. Call for availability on same-day primary care doctor appointments for urgent care.
Looking for a Primary Care Physician?
We are accepting new patients in central VA! CFP is the local health care source serving residents of New Kent, Henrico, Charles City, and the surrounding community.
Are you a current patient at CFP?
Chickahominy Family Physicians is here to serve you. Schedule your next appointment, fill prescriptions, get the forms you need all in one place.
Get to know our Practitioners.
All of our providers offer high-quality, personalized care, and work closely with our hospitals and imaging centers if your condition requires specialized attention.
Hours & Locations
We have 3 locations. 2 in New Kent at Quinton and Providence Forge and 1 in Henrico at New Market.
Should we find that you need more focused care we will refer + recommend you to exceptional specialists.
You can connect with your provider through a convenient, safe and secure environment. Login to your Paitient Portal.
The CFP Curated resource for relevant health care news concerning primary care and general medical information.
Offering a full range of medical care services for patients of all ages and life stages.
Convenient and Local Health Care
Three locations to serve the community of Central Virginia from New Kent to Providence Forge and Henrico to Charles City.
Family-Focused Primary Care For Your Individual Needs
Our mission is to provide families with timely and professional medical care services with attentive practitioners and exceptional customer service.
The Chickahominy Family Physicians Way
Our family physicians practice medicine with honesty, integrity, and compassion. We are dedicated to the overall health of our community.
Get In Touch
Prepare for your first visit.
Get to know CFP.
Your Health Care Connection
Committed to keeping Families Healthy
We offer same-day services such as sick visits and on-site laboratory processing to residents of Central Virginia; New Kent, Hanover, Henrico, and Charles City.